Renegade founder? You’re in the right place.
You need to know about Alpha, our pre-seed accelerator. An intensive 12-week programme, it supports the brightest and boldest early-stage business founders in London and Dublin.
Over the past two years, we’ve supercharged five cohorts, featuring 24 companies who’ve gone on to raise £3.5m of collective funding – and one acquisition. Our Alphas have gone on to some pretty awesome next steps including Y Combinator, Entrepreneur First, The Mayor’s Business Growth Fund and The Residence.
Last year, we launched Fairer Funding Now, our campaign calling for fair opportunities for funding for all founders – regardless of their background. We surveyed the UK and Ireland startup community and found that female and BAME founders especially don’t believe there are equal opportunities to secure investment.
This February, we’re searching for underrepresented founders to join our sixth Alpha cohort. Female founders, BAME founders, LGBTQ+ founders, young founders, retired founders, first timers, non-Oxbridge, non-higher educated founders and beyond. If you identify as one or more of the above and are building big things, we want you!
THE NITTY GRITTY
Your company should be pre-seed and app-based with a beta or live product. Londoners, you should be B2C focused, whilst Dubliners, you should be B2B.
For 12 weeks, you’ll be right here in the thick of it at our London or Dublin locations for:
one-to-ones, pitch practices and morning stand upswith your cohort crew.
- Exclusive weekly workshops hosted by our incredible network of ambassadors and experts. Former experts include Rabin Yaghoubi, CCO of Babylon Health, Julien Callede, Co-Founder of Made.com and Amy Jin,
ex GoogleBD exec. We’ve tailored each session to offer maximum support for underrepresented founders’ unique hurdles.
- Personalised intros to the most relevant contacts in our community. From Operations to Branding, we’ll hook you up with that expert advisor you’ve been stalking on Linkedin!
- All the perks of Huckletree membership. First up: uber cool workspace alongside our resident startups, scaleups
andglobal innovation teams. You’ll get your hands on the extra stuff, too. Think members-only events and office hours, regular wellbeing sessions (hello, Meditation Yurt!) and weekly drinks with the wider community.
- Alpha is for life, not just your cohort. Our alumni teams are kept close, with post-programme Slack catch-ups and Alpha-exclusive rates on membership.
- We don’t take equity. We don’t charge fees. You just need to be ready to roll up, show up and skill up.
PITCH IT TO US
Here’s the need-to-know: a
If you’re a founder, get your deck in order and get your application in.
If you’re a supporter, spread the word, share with underrepresented founders in your network and nudge your
Alpha6 needs you.