If you’re like us, your inbox is filled with COVID-19 analysis and headlines – from predictions on what will happen and how to survive lockdown. But for founders, including our own Gaby and Andrew, there are other questions at play, and little time to digest all the t&cs.
So we’ve pulled together essential resources, HR articles and guides on Government support to help founders and team leaders (our team have used these too!). Think of it as a cheat sheet to help you navigate through the biggest questions you have right now, from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme and Statutory Sick Pay relief, to fundraising.
- Need to know which European investors are still investing? This open resource is straight from the VCs who are still in the game and are looking to deploy capital right now.
- UpEffect, a UK-based Social Enterprise Crowdfunding platform is waiving its fee for all campaigns aiming to combat COVID-19 and its effects. Find out more here.
- Facebook has launched its Small Business Grants Programme which will offer $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries
HR, Furloughing & Hiring
- Stillhiring tells you who is still actively hiring using crowdsourced data.
- Otta (promote London’s top startup roles) has pulled together a (daily updated) list of companies that are still hiring over. You can contact them here to have your company advertised on their site.
- There’s been a lot of talk around Furloughing in the wake of COVID-19. Seedlegals has produced an easy-to-read guide on how to create a Furlough notice and how to best manage the process. Check it out.
- Countingup has created two Coronavirus Calculators, including one specifically to help employers understand the cost of furloughing team members – and employees understand their take-home pay.
Government and Financial Support
- The holy grail resource for dealing with COVID-19 as a business in the UK; GOV.UK’s UK COVID-19 Business Package includes details on the Coronavirus job retention scheme, the Self-employment Income Support Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, and the Statutory Sick Pay relief package. For a fast read check out the FAQs of the package here.
- Manchester City Council has published a guide with advice for employers and businesses during COVID-19. Details on job retention, business rates, and general government support can be found here.
- Scale Ireland has pulled together a range of sources of government information for startups in Ireland to help them respond to the Coronavirus outbreak, including information on the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme.
- British Business Bank (BBB) has launched the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, which is now available through their participating lenders. Lenders can provide up to up to £5 million in the form of term loans, overdrafts, invoice finance and asset finance. Find out more details here.
- Sifted‘s published a master-guide of European governmental responses for businesses dealing with COVID-19.
- The UK Fintech community have come together to begin creating Covid Credit; a platform that will let sole traders and freelancers self-certify lost income from the Government. You can sign up to the waitlist to get notifications when it’s live here.
- Government.no has announced the official measures they’ll be taking in Norway to curb the financial impacts of the coronavirus outbreak for businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Navigating remote work? This article gives you everything you need for tech and startup companies, from video conference platforms to homeschooling suggestions.
- Gsuite has made Google Hangouts Premium service free – in case you need to record and save meetings to your google drive at no extra cost.
- Linkedin has shared a free Learning Path video series on how to work remotely. Topics include time management, maximising productivity, and managing stress.
- Visual sharing tool Meero is offering a free file transfer service for large file sharing.
- Jamm allows voice and video collaboration through Slack, and is a free, audiovisual tool for remote teams.
Webinars and Events
KPMG has launched a series of virtual events hosted by industry experts who will be discussing critical business issues related to COVID-19. Webinars include:
- Information for founders and entrepreneurs on Financing and funding,
- An overview of the Job Retention Scheme
Sign up to our monthly editorial for in-depth stories from over 2000+ founders, entrepreneurs and investors about the world right now, live debates, advice and access to how-to workshops.